Danish training unit: Self-evaluation of Vocational Maturity – webinar
“Youth in transition” has resulted in a training unit for the application of the online tool for self-evaluation of vocational maturity. (Intellectual Output 5/IO5, module 4)
Vocational maturity can briefly be defined as a combination of those competencies and potentials that are necessary for starting and staying in a job or an internship/apprenticeship. The same is relevant when considering or joining a vocational educational programme.
Progression towards vocational maturity
Young persons´ progression towards vocational maturity are individual pathways in each their own speed, where detours, regress and leaps can occur, differing with a high probability from each other.
The evaluation of vocational maturity relates to the last steps of the taxonomy for the progression of NEETs towards education/job and a life that is desirable for them.
The taxonomy and its indicators have been developed and mutually reviewed (2018-2019) by professional practitioners in the Danish projects Unge med kant Syddanmark and Unge med kant Hovedstaden, and applied in Youth in transition.
The Danish, Slovenian and Icelandic partners in Youth in transition have co-developed an interactive tool for selv-evaluating vocational maturity.
In Denmark, a webinar is offered as an introduction to the tool and its application to practice. The participants will:
- achieve an understanding of vocational maturity, in the context of the individual development and learning processes of NEETs
- achieve an understanding of the principles and the functionality of the tool
- be able to decide, in which context, where, when and with whom to apply the tool with an added value
- achieve an understanding for how to contextualise the indicators in the tool, such as the questions in the tool become meaningful for each young person
- be able plan an evaluation process regarding the vocational maturity of NEETs, assisted by the tool
The programme contains two parts:
Part 1) Introduction to the taxonomy and the purpose with the tool.
Part 2) Technology, the role of the professional, pedagogy and methods, ethical guideline and the first experiences.
An expert and a practitioner of expertise run the webinar as trainers, using the following methods:
- Question & answers, also via chat
- Group session in virtual break-out rooms
- Individual reflection and contributions via Padlet
- Self-study and self-test via preparation
Preparation and practical information
The particpants are asked to prepare on the webinar by a) a trial run of the tool with themselves and b) reading the pdf-guideline.
The webinar has a duration of 1.5 hours and is conducted several times during 2020.